little pea

birth date: april 8, 2007

Monday, February 19, 2007

6 weeks and counting!


I'm starting to feel quite big and a little awkward but I guess that is a fairly normal feeling at this point in pregnancy. Our little guy is not feeling so little in me anymore, his movements are much more apparent and strong. I'm pretty sure that he is head down at this point. His little bottom is usually on my left side with his knees and feet on my right side. My right ribs even get a little sore every now and then!
Overall, even after the sickly first trimester I would have to say that I have enjoyed being pregnant. It is a beautiful experience; our bodies are simply phenomenal.
In other news we have decided to use cloth diapers. I was not interested at first, but after doing some research and talking with some moms that do it I am convinced. Did you know that 1955, before disposable diapers, only 7% of babies were reported having diaper rash, then in 1991 well after disposable diapers dominated the market, the number jumped to 78%. Also, one baby that goes through diapers over time uses 6,000-9,000 diapers which creates about one ton of waste. (facts from www.realdiaperassociation.or/diaperfacts.php) We are planning on spending about $300 total for all the cloth diapers we will need until he is potty trained. $300 would have carried us through about 5-7 months of disposable diapers! And the cloth diapers will be used for our next kid(s) as well. Of course there are a few other minor costs to consider with cloth diapers and it will be a little less convenient, but because of the health benefits, environment concerns and the cost effectiveness we decided it is well worth it.
Fun facts about Rex:
He is about 4.75 pounds and almost 18 inches
His fat layers are filling out, his central nervous system is still maturing and his lungs are well developed
side note: there is a full moon on my due date! April 2.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2007 07:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rex's remaining days in Mommy's tummy will be through Lent and he will be born Easter Week! Lots of prayers will be going up for little Rex and Mommy and Daddy.
    Love to all of you - Kiss that tummy for me
    Love Nana

     
  • At 2/28/2007 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Emily Malloure said…

    just thinking about you... wish I could touch your belly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home